POSITION TITLE: PRODUCT MANAGER FLSA STATUS: SALARY/EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES & MARKETING LOCATION: CINCINNATI, OH
SUMMARY: The Product Manager will oversee product positioning/branding/pricing, product life cycle, and new product development from conception through launch for assigned product lines and markets.
- Product line expert/champion and “go to” person for the Luxfer Magtech Solutions product lines.
- Manage product life cycle “from cradle to grave” in line with Luxfer Magtech Solutions Simplification principles.
- Manages cross-functional product development teams to ensure that new products are developed to meet formal marketing specifications, within established timelines and cost targets.
- Drives execution on cross-functional team basis and makes meaningful contribution to the ABP and LRP.
- Coordinates the development of sales objectives, profit targets, training strategies, advertising, and promotional plans.
- Generates timely product information and communicates regularly with R&D, operations, sales, customer service, purchasing and training.
- Gathers data on competitors and analyzes their products, pricing, sales, and methods of operation.
- Responsible for product presentation and booth presence at trade shows and industry events.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPEREINCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Marketing related field required
- Five (5) years’ experience in sales, technical service, marketing, and product management required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability for conceptual and analytical thinking; attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work within a non-controlled temperature environment ranging from 40 to 110 Fahrenheit. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions may also occur.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Will be exposed to an environment of dust and occasional high noise level. Safety equipment will be provided.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks are required prior to starting.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S., and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.