This position will be responsible for all of the buying responsibility for Luxfer Magtech Business Unit. It will report to the VPGM and reside in Cincinnati, OH. Primary responsibilities will include the ability to negotiate, place and manage purchase orders with suppliers and vendors in response to requisitions for materials, goods and services to meet company on-time delivery and quality objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with vendors for all buying for the Luxfer Magtech business unit
- Evaluate material pricing standards and material specifications
- Work strategically in order to promote cost reduction while making important purchasing decisions
- Estimate value based on market knowledge and determine best method of procurement
- Work with other buying professionals to leverage buying power
- Work in collaboration with other departments to fully understand purchasing needs
- Coordinate with vendors to discuss pricing, terms, risks and issues
- Work out remedies for defective or unacceptable goods with inspection or quality control personnel
Because of our ITAR regulations all qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred
- 7+ years of manufacturing purchasing experience
- Must be able to travel at least 25%
- Understanding of accounting principles, contract language, and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of current purchasing principles and practices in the manufacturing industry
- Consistently self-motivated and work with minimal guidance
- Ability to interpret Supplier contractual terms and conditions
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Clear, credible written and verbal communication skills
Luxfer Magtech offers medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; disability and life insurance; 401K employee plan; paid holidays and vacation, and career advancement potential.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.