PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER / R&D ENGINEER
Luxfer Magtech is a global leader in manufacturing magnesium powders, magnesium alloy powders, and specialty products. We manufacture these products at our plants in Manchester NJ, Tamaqua, PA, and Saxonburg, PA. We have an opening at our Tamaqua, PA plant for a Development Engineer. This position will report to the Director of Technology. This position will require up to 30% domestic travel.
The primary function for this position is to design and develop new products and technology in the area of lightweight materials. These include developing custom alloys, powders, and consolidated products. This position will develop proposals and execute technical projects. The responsibilities include building relationships with customers, vendors, and supporting operations.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute technical projects including: developing proposals, budgets, and timelines; estimating project costs; validating production costs, and conducting feasibility studies.
- Develop procedures, work instructions, assist with Quality investigations, outside vendors, and assist with product development
- Communicate findings via technical presentations to management, customers, and conferences.
- Capable of efficiently managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Analyze, optimize, and improve products and associated manufacturing technology.
- Deliver projects on-time and on budget.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and supporting operations.
Specific Job Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering (or equivalent degree) with 2 to 5 years of powders related technology and/or product development experience.
- Strong background in in powder characterization, powder consolidation processes, and/or powder production technology is preferred.
- Ability to lead a project from inception to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- MS Office knowledge, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus.
- Position is subject to ITAR requirements; therefore, candidate must verify status as US Citizen or US Permanent Residence.
Luxfer Magtech offers medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; disability and life insurance; 401K employee plan; paid holidays and vacation; tuition reimbursement, and career advancement potential.
Luxfer-Magtech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.