The Manufacturing Operations Line Lead position is responsible for the floor-level guidance of their department, area, or work centers. This includes safety, quality, quantity of output and meeting all company objectives. A “working lead” position, the chosen candidate will model Luxfer’s values, uphold our policies, be capable of successfully performing any task inherent in their respective department and will have the proficient communication skills to effectively train others.
- Reviews daily production schedule for the department to assist in planning work and personnel assignments for the shift.
- Guides and directs personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Supporting, enforcing, and applying safe work practices- Models our safety culture.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes, product specifications and equipment.
- Reports any safety, process or equipment problems.
- Promoting Lean Manufacturing Concepts, including 5S principles and Kaizen participation.
- Supports execution of production schedules and leads employees to meet quality and on time delivery expectations.
- Trains laborers and employees in accordance with procedures and policies.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Ensures correct identification, weights, and warehousing of products.
- Promotes teamwork and positive environment.
- Identifying and coordinating training needs of employees in order to develop skills to allow for department flexibility and for personal development.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Additional items as assigned by manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent; technical degree a plus
- 3+ years in manufacturing
- Experience working in a leadership position
- Leadership skills, with the ability to positively motivate
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly indicate expectations, train and help employees improve, and report progress or issues to higher management
- Understand manufacturing environment, tools to be used, and safety skills required
- Attention to detail
- MS Office knowledge, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
WORKING AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
Indoor shop environment – Manufacturing floor and work space with independent desk and computer. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs occasionally, wear required PPE as necessitated by task and stand/sit for extended periods.
Luxfer Magtech offers a competitive benefits plan. New employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month from date of hire.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.