PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
The Director of Corporate Development and Investor Relations work closely with senior management to develop and execute the company’s investor relations strategy, support the company’s strategic and corporate development efforts and be a key contact with the financial community, helping to manage relationships with Sell-side Analysts, Buy-side investors, and our corporate banking partners. This position will play a key role in supporting strategic decision-making, as well as planning and driving Company value and growth. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer, but will also directly support the CEO. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitors the M&A and competitive landscape and creatively considers markets and adjacencies
- Provides thought leadership with regard to “strategic fit” and strategic deal structuring
- Makes intelligent risk/reward assessments based on well-informed analysis and strategies to mitigate deal risk
- Oversees valuation and due diligence efforts; builds valuation and merger models for deals based on market research and data analytics, and in conjunction with leadership team, that incorporate capital costs, operational costs and ROI
- Supports quarterly earnings process with press release, presentation, script, and Q&A input
- Builds and maintains internal “investor model”
- Maintains corporate IR website with consistent messaging
- Works with management to refine messaging for external shareholders
- Prioritizes and organizes conferences and analyst sessions for Investor Relations/management to participate in or host
- Monitors and tracks peer earnings results, news flow and stock performance
- Other Corporate projects, as assigned by CFO and CEO.
- Solid analytical skills, and working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail, a sense of personal accountability, and urgency for achieving results
- Capable of operating independently yet recognize when to ask for direction and guidance to optimize productivity
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationship dynamics with stakeholders both internal and external
- Advanced modeling skills, with familiarity of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Demonstrates leadership ability/potential
- Dedicated and detail oriented • Ability to absorb information quickly and synthesize key takeaways
- Resourcefulness to know how and where to get information and synthesize information into easily communicable concepts
- Other Corporate projects as assigned by CFO and or CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Master’s Degree preferred, FMVA certification a plus
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in investor relations, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or similar role preferably in a publicly traded company; Experience running end to end M&A transactions i.e., including engagement with the target companies, analyzing the strategic fit, deal structuring, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, deal closing and integration.
This is not a work form home position.
Luxfer is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.