Material Handler/Forklift Operator - 1st Shift ($18 per hour)
Material Handler/Forklift Operator
(1st Shift – 7am – 3pm)
Luxfer Magtech specializes in developing, manufacturing, and supplying a broad range of products that safeguard and protect, from infrared countermeasure flares that protect pilots from incoming missiles and chemical response kits designed to help safeguard life in chemical warfare attacks, to nutritious food and beverage options for militaries and first responders.
- Medical, Vision, Dental *Start on the 1st day of the following month after being hired*
- 401k with Company match of up to 6%!
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Additional PTO
- An Operating company of Luxfer Group (NYSE: LXFR)
- Luxfer Magtech is located in Cincinnati, OH – 45212.
The Material Handler position is responsible for accurately completing order picking and receiving transactions, load and unload trucks, replenishing materials for our production lines, staging finished product, and maintaining accurate records. This position is Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm.
- Check in and put away material, verifying quantities and quality of received material
- Load and unload trucks as needed, accurately and safely for customer deliveries
- Complete the appropriate order picking documentation ensuring accuracy
- Perform daily cycle counts following through on discrepancies as needed
- Complete the necessary system transactions and put material away physically in the appropriate location
- Ensure material is properly organized and recorded. Know general location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of warehouse which includes clear aisles and walkways.
- Continuously update product knowledge. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability.
- Participate in ongoing education and training as directed or desired.
- Perform forklift inspections as required. Maintain presentable truck appearance, cleaning as needed
- Assist in performance of year-end physical inventories.
- Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Operate a lift truck/hand truck daily to move material appropriately.
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts. Prior certification and able to complete forklift certification through Luxfer Magtech required.
- Must have good computer skills. Prior warehouse experience required.
- Must be dependable, timely and able to work independently.
- Excellent time-management, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending
- Physical strength to lift and move 50 pounds frequently
- A positive attitude and a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality to get the job done.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks are required prior to starting.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S., and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.