Innovation, Quality & Compliance Manager
Luxfer Magtech is part of the global parent company Luxfer Holdings, PLC and offers the following five key product lines for a wide range of markets and applications: Magnesium Products, Food & Beverage, Flameless Heating, Chemical Kits, Specialty Products. We deliver quality, reliability and performance that have been trademarks throughout our long and proud history to our values customers all over the world. And, as we venture into the future, we will continue to develop innovative and pioneering solutions that meet our customers’ and markets’ needs.
The Innovation, Quality & Compliance Manager is a key leader for Luxfer Magtech in Cincinnati, Ohio. This leadership role will be responsible for guiding a team of professionals to build a pipeline of sustainable and differentiated products and developing and leading a high-performance quality management system and team charged with ownership of product and process quality.
The successful candidate will be able to apply out of the box thinking and resources, utilizing best in class scientific methodologies in new product design while creating ideation around improved enhancements to existing products. As a key member of the Leadership Team, the incumbent will work in concert with cross-functional leaders to identify, evaluate, develop, and commercialize new products & technologies to generate organic growth, while ensuring product quality and compliance through the implementation of a Quality Management System.
- Directs research and product development efforts and ensures key milestones, project timelines and approved budgets are met using a stage-gate NPD approach.
- Assesses emerging trends & opportunities and connects with internal and/or external resources to develop ideas into business solutions.
- Leverages market knowledge, consumer & customer behavior, industry trends and advances in technology to identify new technologies and applications that create a sustainable pipeline of differentiated new products.
- Establishes and aligns business case with the Director of Sales & Marketing and GM to deliver revenue & margin targets.
- Creates a collaborative, learning & accountable culture, working closely with internal and external customers/resources, and delivering speed, quality & value consistently.
- Responsible for developing a high-performance team, and providing ongoing, timely and actionable feedback.
- Engineering Expertise
- Must have a deep understanding of principles of surface science and chemistry, government contractual requirements, and how those principles and requirements can be applied to bring effective business solutions.
- Expertise in packaging and engineering materials
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Refining and improving the QMS system and developing a high-performance quality team within an organization charged with ownership of product and process quality for a leading manufacturer
- Set Quality objectives, evaluate performance and provide constructive feedback to develop internal talent pipeline.
- Foster a customer-oriented quality and compliance culture in all business processes. Mentor leadership and facilitate change management activities to support transition for a QMS management system.
- Champion customer satisfaction and brand loyalty through routine review of field performance data and corrective action. Use customer data to prioritize cross-functional continuous improvement activities with engineering, operations, supply chain and key suppliers.
- Drive process capability in Operations and supporting business processes through the use of process quality tools (SPC, control plans, standard work) and incorporation of Lean methods.
- Establishes best-in-class quality assurance protocol as well as some combination of internal/external product design & validation expertise for devices, tools, electronics, etc.
- Train and coach the organization on the use and implementation of key quality tools and methods.
- Manage the ISO and ITAR compliance needs of LM Ohio
Education and Qualifications
- Must have proven & successful new product launch experience, including intimate familiarity with stage gate processes, filling the innovation funnel, strong supplier relationships and effective product life-cycle planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Science, Chemistry or related field
- Advanced degree in similar fields and/or advanced chemistry highly preferred.
- 10+ years of professional business experience, preferably leading both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience in chemical, polymer or composite material industry preferred.
- Experience directly managing professional managers & individual contributors.
- Experience fostering a customer-oriented quality and compliance culture in all business processes.
- Must be innovative, flexible, curious and have exhibited visionary success by identifying and successfully translating market ideas into tangible business solutions.
- Health, Dental, Vision and prescription drug coverage begins first month after hire
- 401k match
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks are required prior to starting. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.