Continuous Improvement Manager - Corporate
POSITION TITLE: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT-SALARY
LOCATION: CINCINNATI, OH, or MADISON, IL
Luxfer Holdings PLC is a manufacturer of sustainable transportation solutions and life-saving medical and emergency response equipment. With a reputation for innovation, Luxfer has pioneered the applications of magnesium, zirconium, and aluminum in the healthcare, transportation, emergency response, defense, and aerospace markets. We have a global presence, with manufacturing facilities in 4 countries and over 1,200 employees worldwide.
We invite you to learn more about us at www.luxfer.com and read on for a further description of the role.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to maintain and operate the Luxfer Business Excellence Standard Toolkit across Luxfer and drive Lean operations transformation globally through continuous improvement initiatives, standard work, and equipment/process ownership.
- Establish meaningful plant metrics to monitor performance at levels sufficiently detailed to illustrate nature, cause of problems, and demonstrate skills and focus needed for improvement opportunities
- Manage and standardize overall scorecard process across all manufacturing locations. Maintain consolidate Luxfer scorecards for operations, growth, Human Resources and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance)
- Facilitates Kaizens, brainstorming sessions, workshops, problem solving sessions and process mapping exercises to bring alignment, extract knowledge and improve performance
- Creates visual manufacturing workplace leveraging progressive 5S and visual controls especially at showcase manufacturing locations.
- Leads and co-ordinates annual audits at all Luxfer locations for Lean, Safety, ESG etc.
- Establish meaningful plant metrics to manage plant wide KPIs, integrating data in decision making and prioritization of activities. Trains and mentors plant leadership to do the same
- Develop, manage, and drive an indirect supply chain savings project funnel, leveraging Luxfer’s global and regional scale across operations
- Be the expert on Lean manufacturing and overall continuous improvement concepts (six sigma, kaizen, quality, and process management) as well as providing learning opportunities to members
- Coordinate automation projects across Luxfer
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering or Manufacturing/Operations preferred.
- 7+ years in continuous improvement leadership in Manufacturing environment
- Experience and in depth understanding of lean, TPM, or similar CI methodologies
- Working knowledge/Experience, with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- A positive attitude and a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality to get the job done
- Excellent people skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and demonstrated proficiency in MS office
- Medical, Vision, Dental *Start on the 1st day of the following month after being hired*
- 401k with Company match of up to 6%!
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Additional PTO
- Luxfer Group (NYSE: LXFR)
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks are required prior to starting.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S., and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Luxfer is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.