This position is responsible for ensuring the repairing and maintaining production equipment, training of maintenance staff, organizing spare parts, and coordination of maintenance tasks. Duties include: electrical, pneumatic, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, and machine shop. The Maintenance Supervisor works closely with Maintenance Technicians, Production Supervisors and supporting departments to assist in the startup, running, and troubleshooting of production machines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to work as a team.
Main duties to include, troubleshooting, tear downs and re-assemble machines and machine parts. You must be able to make complex and extensive repairs without the aid of conventional drawings. Creates suitable sketches and plans for replacing, substituting, or improving machine parts for each unique maintenance situation. Use common precision measuring instruments and gauges.
Must have a positive work ethic.
- Inspect and repair electrical and mechanical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other machine components to ensure they remain functional and up to code, as well as identifying potential hazards or issues.
- Determine reason for malfunctions of systems or components and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and at full functioning capability.
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on installed electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace, fix or realign machine parts and accessories in line with production specifications or give recommendations to supervisor on repair requirements
- Perform machine installations/moves and building maintenance tasks as needed.
- Diagnose or assist machine operators in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that a high level of safety is adhered to at all times on and off production floor and comply with all company procedures, policies and environmental regulations
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce waste, improve processes and products and set best practice standards
- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as required by the position and/or department supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 2-year technical degree or certification in an electrical or mechanical specialty preferred
- Three (3) years’ electrical and mechanical maintenance experience repairing production machinery
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with NEC
- Excellent understanding of Electrical/PLC with certification
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities